Monday, September 8, 2008

Common Practice - Uncommon Place


I am preparing to spend the next week in 'seclusion' in order to set my focus on listening for direction regarding the Sunday Morning Worship schedule. God seems to have wired me in such a way that I benefit from extended times of quiet. It is a common practice for me to remove myself from 'the office' for two or three days in order lay out plans for the months ahead. So the blessing of a week in solitude is something I am looking forward to.

Thanks to a wonderful family in the church I have a place to stay in the beautiful setting of Central Oregon. Know that I am praying for you as I am away. I will be asking that I might sense God's heart for US, our lives, in this season. My prayers will continue to be lifted in behalf of the Pastoral Team at SACC that has afforded me the opportunity to get away. I humbly thank God for you.

Pray with me that God might direct my heart and mind. In just 37 days this special season of refreshment and renewal will be completed. I am looking forward to returning.

No comments: