Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Craig, Ken and Burl

First of all...internet access was unfortunately not readily available the whole time I was away this past week. That would be part of the reason for the 'gap' since my last posting. I want to thank those of you who have been praying...the time away was filled with powerful examples of God's activity.
I met a man from Bend named Craig. We were visiting and my sabbatical break came up. I mentioned that our church provided this timely gift as I was adjusting to 'the medicial deal'. Here is when God broke in - you see Craig then told me that he was going to have surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from his brain in just two days. It stunned me...my 'little issue' fell into the shadows and I found my heart (pastoral) quickened. Craig and I had never met before that day...but he allowed me to place my hand on his shoulder and pray for God's Hand to attend his upcoming surgery. You can be assured - I felt blessed as I recognized how God had arranged for our meeting.
Then there is my long time friend, Ken. I can only tell you that when I called him on Wednesday he shared with me that the ministry position he had was being terminated. I was shocked. I invited Ken to join me on this retreat and we could look to God, together, in the wake of this news. Friday...he came. First of all - I was reminded how generous my church at SACC is. Then I marvelled how wounds are healed in the environment of a loving God. God used our time together to, almost instantly, help Ken sense God's leading. It was marvelous...and I am thankful that Ken could be with me.
Finally, yesterday when I came home I discovered that Burl had come to my home while I was away and picked the pears off the tree and set them out so they could finish ripening. This is a huge task and takes a servants heart to even consider doing. Praise to God rises up in me as I consider the kindness of my friend Burl. Mega-Gracias Burl.
I am rev'd up to be back in just 28 Days...
I look forward to telling you how much God is deepening my love for Him and for YOU.

Pastor John

No comments: