Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pause

My wife, daughter and I were in Seattle this past weekend. While I was there I attended Mars Hill Church as they were wrapping up a series on Jonah. The book closes with a scene with the prophet enjoying shade from a vine and a "final" comment from God. Jonah experienced more concern over his own comfort in that shade than concern over 120,000 people that made room in their lives for God to save them. It served to remind me that South Albany Community Church doesn't exist simply so we can enjoy 'shade' (our own comfort being the priority). We exist to see God working in lives of people all around us.
So pause and think...what has become 'the vine' in our life. What would be the concern that trumps all others. I am asking that NOTHING would diminish the importance of people experiencing God at work in their lives. So I am praying that during this Sabbatical God would use me to reach people who, up to this point, don't have room for Him in their lives. That I would have a story to share...
Please, partner in prayer with me...

No comments: