Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trust

Last week I finished reading the Steven Covey (the Jr.) book on the Speed of Trust. If you have Acrobate Reader this link is a great summary of the book (* I tried this link and it didn't work right. It is the 5th result in GOOGLE - when I sought "the speed of trust" http://astd2006.astd.org/PDF) You can bet that I took this topic to heart. Whether it relates to my staff or my own family - nurturing and growing trust is something I will being giving my attention to and working at.
Among the things that happen whenever I read a 'business book' is that I begin wondering how it aligns itself with Scripture...not just 'the American way'. I would be interested in your thoughts. Help me think through this...
Covey identifies Trust as being nurtured and grown when Character (that is our Integrity and Intentions) and our Competence (that is our Capabilities and Results) are engaged in a person. Even when we trust God it seems to be based on this combination...

No comments: